Who Seeks Accreditation?
Government bodies and regulators are constantly called upon to make decisions related to:
- Protecting the health and welfare of consumers and the public.
- Protecting the environment.
- Developing new regulations and requirements.
- Measuring compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Allocating resources, both technical and financial.
In order to make informed decisions, government bodies and regulators must have confidence in the data generated by conformity assessment bodies [laboratories, certification bodies (management systems/product/personnel) and inspection bodies]. Using accredited conformity assessment bodies and calibration service providers can help to establish and assure this confidence.
Accreditation applies to conformity assessment service providers.
- Testing laboratories e.g. medical, chemical, microbiology, food and associated products, engineering, textiles etc.
- Certification bodies e.g. management systems (quality/environment/occupational health and safety/food management system etc.), product and personnel.
- Inspection bodies e.g. import/export, pressure equipment, etc.
- Proficiency Testing service providers.
- Reference Materials Producers.
Accreditation also applies to Calibration laboratories e.g. mass, volume, dimension, temperature, pressure, electrical, etc.
SADCAS offers training on accreditation related courses.
SADCAS in Numbers
We are pleased to advise that ISO 15189:2022 Medical Laboratories – Requirements for quality and competence has now been...
Accreditation: Sustainability in Economic Growth and the Environment is the theme for 2022 World Accreditation Day which will be...
In an effort to continuously improve its accreditation services thus serve customers better, SADCAS undertook a customer satisfaction...
File A Complaint
To file a complaint against SADCAS you can fill out an electronic complaint form by clicking the learn more button on the right.